“2020/21 K1 Admission Arrangements” Flowchart
Our kindergarten has formerly joined Kindergarten Education Scheme. Children attending in eligible kindergartens may receive fee subsidy through the Kindergarten Education Scheme.
Admission Arrangements for Nursery (K1) Classes in Kindergartens
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2020/21 School Year
Age of Admission
K1: For children born between September 2016 – December 2017
K2: For children born between September 2015 – December 2016
K3: For children born between September 2014 – December 2015
Collection of application Forms (No quota)
- Download from school website
- Obtain from school in person
- Request by post
- Date: Starting from 4st June 2019 (Tuesday)
- Time: From 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. (Monday to Friday) /
9:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.(Saturday)
Return of Application Forms (No set quota for the kindergarten)
- Date: 4th June 2019 (Tuesday) to mid-of October
- Time: 9:30a.m. – 5p.m. (Monday to Friday) /9:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. (Saturday)
- Return method: Submit the application form in person or by post [together with the documents required (including identity document of child)]
- Application fee: HK$40 (to be collected together with the application form).
The application fee is non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- The Education Bureau (EDB) will implement the Free Quality Kindergarten Education policy starting from the 2020/21 school year to replace the existing “Pre-primary Education Voucher Scheme”. Under the new Scheme, EDB will use the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” as the document for K1 registration in the 2020/21 school year.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred as “RC”) to EDB from September 2019.The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2019 and the EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto the EDB’s website (http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, the EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post.
- Interview performance.
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten will be due priority consideration.
- The applicant with parents or sibling(s) has graduated in the kindergarten will be due priority consideration.
- The applicant from families in need will be given priority consideration when applying for whole day (As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
- The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants.
- Interviews will be conducted between early of November 2019.
- Group and/or individual interviews will be arranged.
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview.
Announcement of Admission Results
We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 20th December 2019 by post or by phone.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 9th to 11th January 2019 (“Centralized Registration Dates”) by submitting the original copy of the “RC” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the original copy of the “ RC” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “RC” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit their application for the Registration Certificate to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2020/21 K1 is HK$970 (half-day) / HK$1,570 (whole-day). Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “ RC” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “ RC”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Telephone No.:2394 1142
E-mail Address: email@example.com